Monday, October 9, 2017

Stitch by Stitch - Slow Sunday Stitching


Having finished quilting the circles (except the ones that are appliqued in the center of some blocks) I've moved on to quilting the connecting lines between the circles on this scrappy quilt.

I haven't been hurrying to finish this quilt but sometimes hand quilting seems to take forever.  I also have not been working too hard to make tiny stitches.  Utility stitches for a utility quilt seems about right.

The color's a little too creamy in this photo. It was grey and rainy today and I snapped this photo under the light of an Ikea lamp, which doesn't capture the true, natural colors.

I will be happy to finish this quilt, not because I'm tired of it, but because it means I will be able to use it!

I'm linking this post to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Thanks for hosting, Kathy.

--Nancy.
.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you are enjoying your quilting... it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I've been moving between this quilt and appliqueing on another top. Too much handwork at the moment but I really enjoy working on this quilt. I hope to have it finished soon.

      Delete
  2. It looks lovely and soft. I really like that peachy color.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...