- Lori created a delightful small quilt-along and shared the inspiration quilt that started it.
- Ann Marie made a beautiful quilt inspired by a rug. In another post she showed a piece of fabric that inspired a delightful baby quilt. And in a third post she discussed how the lack of enough fabric can be inspiration.
- For Linda the process of creating and auditioning quilt blocks inspired changes along the way.
- The colors in Claire's sunset photograph have inspired her to pull out some fabrics she's set aside for a quilt. I hope she continues to link so we can see the quilt in progress and finished.
- Audrey's amazing quilt was inspired by a traumatic personal experience.
- Allison's inspiration (and perhaps ours, too) is a story about a donation quilt, given during a time of need and still cherished these many years later.
As for me? Paintings inspire in the use of some colors together, or some colors now (instead of later or never).
Won't you join us and share your quilty inspiration? The link-up is open until 10:00 p.m., Thursday, October 29.
A Few Rules for Quilty Inspiration
- Link a blog post (not your homepage) in which you've shared either a source of inspiration to begin a quilt, during the process, and/or the results of some inspiration and a bit about your creative process. (I'm sorry but Instagram photos just don't offer enough substance for this link-up.)
- Link the url for the post, not the url for your blog.
- Please mention and link back to this post in your own blog post. You can use the button below (copy the code) or use a text link.
- Visit at least several other participants and leave comments on their posts.