Monday, February 7, 2022

One Monthly Goal: Attaching a Border

I don't have a great photo of Dear Prudence, not even a photo of the whole quilt after I finished the quilting.  Which may be a good thing because this little quilt is far out of kilter.  The edges narrowed at the top and bowed out on the sides.  
I finished the quilting toward the end of last year and think I'm finally feeling clear-headed enough to cut and sew binding.  That shouldn't be too hard, right?  There are only about 88" to sew.

So that's my One Monthly Goal for February.  I'm linking to February One Monthly Goal Link-up at Elm Street Quilts (and just under the deadline, too!).  Follow the link to see the goals others have set.

And now, just for the cuteness factor, a photo that always--always--makes me smile.
Even if she weren't my granddaughter her smile would bring a smile to my face.  What joy!  This is Sophia, at 8 months, on Christmas Day, 2021.  

I hope you're finding joy in your life!
--Nancy.

12 comments:

  1. You can do it. Because of arthritis I sew my bindings completely by machine. What a charmer. Sophia brings a smile to my face. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement, Cathy. It should be an easy finish and I'm about a fifth of the way there, but these days I can never tell what the next day will bring. So glad Sophia brought a smile.

      Delete
  2. What a sweetie! When You talked about being clear headed it reminded me how this 2nd Covid winter has made me a little foggy. I don't have to keep track of people and times because I don't really go out much. So, I neglect to keep track of anything except my current project. Dear Prudence is such a sweet quilt. Good luck with the binding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin. We think Sophia's pretty sweet, too.

      It is strange how our brains so willingly let go of things we used to do when we don't do them anymore. And it does feel foggy, I think. So very strange.

      Thank you, too, for your encouraging words about Dear Prudence.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful quilt, cute baby, love the antique chair she is in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, QuiltGranma. I think the chair is a reproduction but it's one of my favorites of their furniture -- 4 chairs and a table.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on being to the binding stage. Maybe you will share a photo with us after it is all bound?
    Sophia is adorable! She sure has me smiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. I think this quilt has been waiting for binding for more than two months (detained by sciatica and covid). Yes, I'll post a photo or two after it's finished.
      Glad you enjoy the photo of Sophia.

      Delete
  5. So adorable! By the way congrats to a very cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had a baby as cute as this baby!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...