Thursday, September 6, 2012

A New Item for My To-Do List

Put chocolate at the top of your to-do list
so you can check off at least one thing every day.

At least I can cross that off my list today.  Yesterday I cleaned the room I use for all my creative endeavors - sewing, quilting, writing, family history (oh, that's not so creative, is it?).   I cleaned top to bottom because it was really an overwhelming jumble.  I left the fabric and the family history papers for today.

A pile very similar to the one below is still here.  It's for a color block quilt (also known as "High Five" from Sunday Morning Quilts).

I hoped to sort the fabrics by color. It's easier to decide fabrics for blocks when the colors are together.   I choose the fabrics for the outside border, then choose a fabric for the inner square/rectangle.   I hang them on the board (below) and pull them off to sew.  Sometimes I take them off and change the colors.  Other times I stitch away.


As hard as I tried, I didn't get the job done. Sewing the quilt kept pulling me away from sorting and organizing the fabric.  Teddy Roosevelt once said, "I can be president of the United States, or I can control Alice [his spirited, vivacious daughter].  I cannot possibly do both."   I can organize fabric or sew fabric, but I can't possibly do both -- at least not at the same time.

There's always tomorrow.  At least I was able to check off eating chocolate on my to-do list today.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you had/are having a good day today.
.

1 comment:

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...