Friday, September 27, 2024

One Monthly Goal Finish, and Wind and Rain

My One Monthly Goal for September was to finish appliqueing this basket block (I'm so happy I finished it) and
to prepare the edges of these two baskets for applique onto their backgrounds.  I'm glad those are done, too.
I had a little trouble with the basket on the right and below.  The bias on the handle didn't want to lay flat.  I had thread left over after folding under and stitching the edges, which I thought I might need if I had to adjust the handles, so I loosely sewed it to the basket.  If I need it I'll have it, if I don't it won't be much of a problem to cut it away.
I don't know about setting a goal for October.  The second knee replacement is coming up the third week of October.  Would I be able to post a finish even if I had one?  And this coming week we're going to the ocean.  Hooray!  We were uncertain whether we'd be able to go.  I'm thrilled that we can!

We've had wind and rain today.  I opened some of the windows that were protected enough not to let the rain in.  I love how the wind billowed this curtain.  The wind was so cool and refreshing.
And this is a view of the rain through our driveway side screen door.  Oh, and you can see our golden honey locust leaves on the ground.  I love them but they are a mess when it rains because they stick to our shoes like crazy.
It's been the greyest day we've had for ages.  It's been beautiful and I love it!

I'm linking this post to
> September One Monthly Goal Finish Link-up at Stories from the Sewing Room
> Finished (or not) Friday at Alycia Quilts
Thanks for hosting, ladies.

--Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...