Saturday, December 21, 2019

Winter Bird, Frosty Window, and Other Snapshots

The plant nursery shop had a variety of birds made from natural materials.  I thought this one was pretty cute.

There is a local store that sells a small selection of close-out items.  Based on the box, I would say these are from a very long time ago, perhaps when I was a child. 

I like the combination of plaid and print in this second-hand shirt.  I'm trying to decide whether it's inspiration for a quilt or not. 

The windshield was covered with frost one morning.  My husband turned on the car and immediately cranked up the defrost.  I didn't get my phone/camera out and on fast enough to get the frost before it began to melt but I thought this was an interesting photo anyway.

I love a vintage Singer as much as anyone but I resisted the purchase of this machine, even though it was only $20.00. 

This is the cover of a match box.  Isn't it a beauty?!  The box is about 5" long by about 2½" wide.

I was intrigued by the variety of writing and decoration on these milk bottles and logo variations for the same brand of milk.  I think these were all whole milk.

And just for the fun, glitz, and glitter, this is what a stage full of tubas looks like.  (Do you know how hard it is to take a photo of all that shine?!)  Attending Merry TubaChristmas has become a tradition.

Wishing you a good weekend!

--Nancy.
.

4 comments:

  1. The windshield picture is very nice, water seems to have a way to make everything look good. Love the tuba concert. What a fun tradition. We are starting a new tradition this year. Well, actually we did it last year and this being the 2nd year, it has become a tradition. We are having Birthday Breakfast on Christmas Eve morning because my grandson has a Christmas Eve birthday. It's fun because no one has any conflicting plans since it's breakfast time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin.  Water does change our view, doesn't it?What a fun new Christmas tradition.  I hope you had a many family members there and a great time!

      Delete
  2. Lovely images - I've never heard of a Tuba Christmas concert - I bet it's delightful! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia.  TubaChristmas has been around since the late 1970s but I don't know how prevalent it is throughout the States and other countries.  Probably not very!  Yes, it was delightful.
      I hope you had a great Christmas (probably somewhat different than here in the States) and I wish you a Happy New Year!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...