Saturday, August 7, 2021

Time Flies - One Monthly Goal for August

Time flies whether I'm having fun or not and I'm almost missing the deadline for posting my One Monthly Goal for August.  (How did it get to be August already?  Didn't we just start the year a month or two ago?!)

I'm feeling unmotivated after having been away from quilting for a few weeks.  I do less when family is visiting and even less when we travel, and then I have a hard time getting back into the routine.  (And I do nothing when there are computer problems, as there were a few weeks ago.)  Thank goodness for One Monthly Goal:  it helps motivate and keep me on track.

My goal for this month is to add borders to this hourglass quilt.  (It occurred to me that "Time Flies" might be a good name for it.

hourglass quilt top

And here it is hanging over a chair.  (Don't mind the clutter in the background.  All the furniture is crammed together at the side of the room so I could lay the quilt on the floor in the center.)
Hourglass Quilt Time Flies
I don't think this should take too much time.  I just have to focus, allot time, and do it.

I'm linking this post to One Monthly Goal August Link-up at Elm Street Quilts.  Thanks for hosting, Patty.

--Nancy.

12 comments:

  1. "Add borders" - sounds quick and easy - as long as you have your chosen fabric in hand and don't need to shop your stash or worse wander your LQS or the internet! Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat. The only way I could think this might not take too long was because I had already chosen the border fabric. Otherwise, as you suggest, it could have taken longer than a month!

      Delete
  2. Love all those pinks in your hourglass quilt--they really sparkle against all the B?W's. Hope you are able to find a good border fabric in stash...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose. When I look at this quilt in person I see reds and roses but no pinks. It's interesting how photographs and computer screens change the colors we see. (And I know each individual's eyes see colors differently from others, too.)

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! Must it have borders? I love the gingham checks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lizzy. I used just a few true ginghams in this quilt, the rest are mostly plaids of one variety or another. Yes, it really needs the borders, not only for size but also for control.

      Delete
  4. This little quilt is just so sweet. The subtle change to lighter fabrics in the middle was genius. You have such a unique color sense and it works every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin. You're too kind with your compliments, especially about my color sense. I nearly always doubt it..
      I tried several layouts for these blocks and wasn't really satisfied with any of them, until I got to this one with both a color change and a directional change in the orientation of the blocks. This is not a quilt top I love but I think it will be a comfortable quilt to use when it's finished. (At least I hope so.)

      Delete
  5. Loving the color play of the light/daaaark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, QuiltGranma. It took a lot of trial and error to get to this layout.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your borders! I always procrastinate doing borders, lol. It's such a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cynthia.  I think it's easy to procrastinate borders.  They're so particular and accuracy is so important.  It'll be done soon, though!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...