Thursday, March 7, 2024

Links to Enjoy #21

I found some interesting posts about books, nature/weather, a quilt, Daylight Saving Time, and some tapestries.  Maybe one or two will be of interest to you.

I've always loved all kinds of paper and books, even when I was a child, so of course, this video about Sophia Bogle, book restorer, appealed to me.  Her work is amazing.  You can read more about her here but I think this video is better.



Here's another book highlight, this time about a library of handmade miniature books.  Read a post about Tomas Mayer here

How cold the temperature must have been for these geyser spouts to freeze when hitting the air!

Here's an interesting quilt post from a quilt restorer:  A Tale of Two Victorian Crazy Quilts - and a Fabric Mystery

How do you feel about Daylight Saving Time?  I'm one who intensely dislikes it.  Why Daylight Saving Time Messes with Your Brain is an interesting post citing research of its effects.  

The tapestries at this post, Communal Art-Making Is at the Core of Sanaa Gateja’s Monumental Paper Bead Tapestries, look like fiber to me.  Who knew paper beads were still a thing?

Enjoy!
--Nancy.

4 comments:

  1. I always enjoy these posts, so interesting. The Crazy quilt mystery was fascinating, if a smidge hard to follow. [prob just me, late night etc]. Thanks for collecting these links for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you find these interesting, Lizzy.  I do, too.  I agree that the crazy quilt post was a little hard to follow.  I think it's because there were several trains of thought the was trying to convey/follow through with.  But, as you said, fascinating, too.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Nancy--you posted on Michelle's blog and I clicked to find yours. What interesting posts! Thanks for doing the research to find them. (And I like your Bramble Blooms, too.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nann, and you're welcome.
      Bramble Blooms is at a halt at the moment! I'm stumped.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...