Sunday, June 16, 2024

Slow Stitching Zinnias Today

Talk about slow stitching!  These baskets have taken a year or longer, but only because I'm not in a hurry to finish them.. I sew them now and then.  This basket of zinnias is in progress, a little more finished now than in this photo taken a few days ago.  I hope to finish it this week.
These next two have been finished for a few weeks.  Does this one need another leaf on that left stem?
And this one, another leaf, too, on the left stem?  This basket is really straight on the background, I just photographed it crooked.
I have two more blocks to stitch down the zinnias and leaves, plus three more baskets to prepare for applique and three more backgrounds to choose for each of them.  Then I'll choose zinnias and stitch them and their leaves in place.  I think that will give me a total of 20 blocks, 10" x 12" finished.  If I lay them out without sashing (which is not my plan) they would become a 40" x 60" center.  But I think they're too busy not to have sashing.  I'll just keep stitching flowers and leaves for now. 

I love these little baskets.  I'm thankful for quilt blocks-in-progress that are already prepared for both hand and machine stitching.  They're easy to pick up when I don't have the time or energy to think through starting something new.  They're there and ready to go, even for just a few minutes of sewing.

I'm linking this post to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Thanks for hosting the link-up, Kathy.

I hope you have good Sunday.

--Nancy.

13 comments:

  1. Ohhh they are lovely Nancy, such happy flowers.
    *hugs* Tazzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little plaid baskets are just darling!! I love those floral additions to them...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose. I really like these baskets, too. I haven't laid them all out together since I've appliqued flowers. I hope they don't turn out to be too busy!

      Delete
  3. (I think you got a couple of spam comments just before mine, Nancy.) That round basket shape is so appealing, and the posies are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up about the spam comments, Nann.  I'm so grateful blogger gives us a way to delete them!
      Thanks, too, for your sweet comments about the baskets.

      Delete
  4. These Zinnia Baskets are darling! What a perfect hand stitch project for summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lizzy. I forgot about them all winter but when spring weather arrived, I pulled them out again. I never thought of myself as a seasonal quilter but perhaps I am.

      Delete
  5. I wouldn't change anything till you get all the blocks done and laid out. Then if another leaf would balance a block it would be easier to see. They sure are cheerful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Robin. That's a good idea to wait and see about the leaves.  It may be that all the baskets and flowers together will be too busy and I'll wish I'd left more of the leaves or flowers off. 

      Delete
  6. So lovely, and I agree, it's so nice to have something just ready to go, for a few moments of stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia. If everything's prepared, a something to pin or stitch can sometimes become mindless.

      Delete
  7. I love these every time you show them. They're so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...