Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Five Down

I continued the quilting as I began and am stitching a quarter an inch from most of the seams.  I think it works for the quilt, though you can't really see the quilting in this photo to tell.  We had the greyest day today so photos were, once again, taken with a flash.


I've finished five blocks and have 33 yet to quilt, plus 20 half blocks around the edges of the quilt.

Below is one of my favorite blocks.   The red is fabric from maybe the 1950s, possibly earlier.  The light stripes are from a shirt.   When you make scrappy quilts, do you have favorite blocks, too? 

I haven't quilted any of the blue sashing yet.  I'll stitch a quarter of an inch from the seam and maybe across the center so the quilting aligns with the quilting in the cross pieces of the block.  I'll have to try it and see what I think.

I'm linking this post to
- WOW at Esther's Blog and
- Let's Bee Social #113 at Sew Fresh Quilts
Thanks for hosting, ladies. 

I invite you readers to click the links above to see what others are working on this week.

--Nancy.
.

4 comments:

  1. I like the colors you've chosen for this quilt, subtle, yet striking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Gypsy Quilter. I hope it looks great after I finish the quilting and bind it!

      Delete
  2. This is a stunning quilt...beautiful colors and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, Deb. I appreciate them. And thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...