1) a large churn dash (layer and quilt)
2) a double Irish Chain (layer and quilt)
3) a small churn dash (layer and quilt)
4) a High Five (layer and quilt)
5) a box variation (layer and quilt)
6) a String-X (binding)
7) a Sunday Morning (finish sewing blocks)
8) Easy Street (cut blocks, sew blocks)
Below are the rules for the 2013 Finish-A-Long from She Can Quilt.
The Rules for the 2013 Finish-A-Long (FAL)
1. The FAL will run quarterly. You can join in for any quarter or for all of the four quarters in the year.
2. The basic idea is that you will identify and photograph unfinished projects (UFOs) that you want to finish in the upcoming FAL quarter. The concept of the FAL is to get those projects done and out of your sewing room. These need to be projects that you have actually started and are not finished. Finished projects are generally things that will finish into a finished item, not parts of projects like quilt tops or bee blocks: while a quilt top is certainly a UFO that can be part of the FAL.
3. You will prepare your list, blog about it, and add your blog post with your list to the link party at the beginning of the quarter. If you are not a blogger, you can link a flickr photo which has your plan in the description. This link will be open for a week at the beginning of each quarter.
4. Over the 3 months of the FAL quarter, finish those projects. Feel free to post about them on your blog and post pictures in the FAL flickr group. You can post your progress, your problems and your finishes.
5. At the end of the quarter there will be a new linky party where you will link a blog post (or flickr picture) showing off each finish on your FAL list. Projects must have been on your FAL list for the quarter to qualify and you will need to link to or reference the place you posted that list in your finish post. You will need to link each finish separately so that each project will be in the running for a prize. There is no penalty for not finishing a project that was on your original list. This link will also be open for one week.
6. Rhonda and I are talking about a special prize category too, and there will be more on that later. Maybe the oldest UFO that was finished, for example. If you have other suggestions let us know. For now, do include interesting details about your projects in your FAL list post.
7. During the week between the end of the quarter and the start of the next one, there will be tutorials on my blog from guest posters to enjoy as a reward for the finishes. If you would like to present a tutorial, please let me know (shecanquilt [at] gmail [dot] com).
8. There are also prizes, which will be drawn at random from the finishes that qualify. These prizes will be from the sponsors of that particular round of the FAL.
9. The FAL is open to anyone, anywhere in the world.
I don't know how many of my unfinished projects I can finish this year but I'd be thrilled to complete at least one each quarter. That would be great progress for me! Join in if you'd like. Add the button to your blog if you'd like. And learn more here, too. You'll be able to link-up beginning January 7.
I'm linking this to Small Blog Meet at Lily's Quilts.