Monday, June 3, 2013

Sweet Lavender


Here’s your sweet lavender, sixteen sprigs a penny, 
That you’ll find, my ladies, will smell as sweet as any.
Lavender Sellers’s Cry, London, England, ~1900

Yesterday I cut the stems of three young lavender bushes, not yet a foot in diameter.  The longest stems were just seven inches.  The buds are a beautiful, deep purple and their fragrance is sweet, fresh, delightful.

Despite their small size, they are just as fragrant as those grown by their older and larger neighbor.  You probably can't tell the difference but the bush below is about 3 feet across.  When the stems of that plant are open and ready to be cut I'll probably make some lavender baskets.


I hope you have beautiful, fragrant flowers to enjoy.

--Nancy.


1 comment:

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...