Friday, September 14, 2012

Thoughts on Scrap Quilts

Q. When is a scrap quilt not a scrap quilt?
A. When I have to buy fabric to make it.


If I have to buy fabric to make a quilt, then my scrap quilt looks like a scrap quilt but isn't really a scrap quilt because I'm not using scraps anymore. Right?

I have a good supply of fabric from years of sewing but I find that my color preferences for clothes were narrower than my color preferences for quilting. These days I find myself buying fabric by color range....

But then, what's in a name?  These days when we hear "scrap quilt" we probably think more of a style of quilt rather than origin of the fabric for the quilt.

If you're a scrap quilter, where do you get your scraps?
If you're not a scrap quilter, what do you do with your scraps?
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...